Things to do
- Still your mind – do some personal meditation or yoga in the sala or at the viewpoint – a great way to start the day.
- Relax and read a book in our shared library.
- Spot the wildlife – hornbills, woodpeckers, owls, black eagle, barking deer, mouse deer, porcupine, and more
- Play some board games
- Learn about organic gardening, analog forestry and permaculture – help out in our gardens, read a permaculture book or watch a permaculture DVD from our library
- Entertainment – large range of DVDs (ranging from educational to inspirational to entertainment) can be viewed
- Use the internet – wifi in our office. Great for Skyping friends and family back home.
- Take a walk – to the shop (a pleasant 400m along our country road), to the river, through the forest, to Bandarawella
- Go swimming in the river
- Go jogging through the village, tea gardens and near the river – a beautiful experience in the morning or in the late afternoon light
- Learn how we make our healing balms and salves. Maybe even help to make some!
- Learn how to make traditional Sri Lankan food from our excellent kitchen staff
Check out what we are making. Buy a sari bag, healing salve or some roselle jam.
- 2 hour guided tour of Belipola with introduction to the concepts of Analog Forestry and the plants that make up the forest sections. Rs500 per person
- Half day tour of the local village, meet the villagers and lunch at a local home. Rs1000 per person
- Full day tour of the local village, meet the villagers and lunch at a local home and visit local organic farms. Rs1500 per person
Day Trips From Belipola
The key sights of the Hill Country are all easily accessible from Belipola, including: Hagala Botanic Gardens, Nuwara Eliya, Haputale and stunning views of the southern lowlands, Ella (tourist hangout, hiking, waterfalls), Lipton’s Seat (hiking and panoramic views)